Monday, March 21, 2011

Beverage

So I was asked to bring some "beverages" to a friend's costume party last week.  I went to the nearby grocery store to buy the drinks, and I decided to get a large bottle of Jack Daniels whiskey.  The BIG bottle.

I use the self-checkout aisle, the lady checks my ID, I pay, and off I go.  I'm pretty excited about showing up with this fairly large bottle to my friend's place, but when I get there... I realize that drinking the Jack will be more difficult than expected...
Yes, that is the electronic security alarm still attached
to the bottle.
And yes, that is my "I'm-sad-but-I-can't-wait-to-post-
this-on-my-blog" face.

And so, due to my slight incompetence, the party was whiskey-less for the night.

But the next day, I marched back to the grocery store and demanded they unlock the bottle.  And they did!  Success!

"And He said, 'Let there be Jack!'
And there was Jack.  And behold, it was good."

And that was that, my friends.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, you're a lot more reasonable about it than I would have been. The last time I couldn't open a bottle of wine (broken corkscrew) I got impatient and solved the problem with a claw hammer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I considered using a hammer, screwdriver, pliers, my teeth, but ultimately the risk of breaking the bottle and losing the precious drink within was too great.
    (protip: if you don't have a corkscrew or if the cork is broken, you can open a wine bottle with the end of a toothbrush to push the cork down into a bottle of wine. This method probably ruins fine wine, but it works great for crap wine, and it's hilarious.)

    ReplyDelete