Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Awkward Quote of the Week

So I'm at a work training program in Virginia this week.  Fortunately, the hotel arranged kosher meals for me for breakfast/lunch/dinner.  They have been very helpful with this (although the food so far has been a bit...meh.)  Each meal, I just ask the wait staff for my meal, and they bring it over to my table.  They are very nice about it.

Anyway, this anecdote happened last night:

I'm at dinner, sitting at a table with other members of my training group, including a guy from Paris, France.  Earlier in the meal, he had asked the waittress if they had any French bread rolls.  She brought him some, and he thanked her for accommodating him.

This is what she responded:

"Oh, don't worry about it, honey.  Everybody likes bread.  The French like their bread; the Spanish like their bread; (motions towards me)... The Jews like their matzah. (wink wink)"

I can't make this stuff up.

No comments:

Post a Comment