Thursday, February 25, 2010

Hamentaschen

I had a little baking extravaganza in my kitchen a few nights ago with my friend Deirdre.  I helped her make a few dozen hamentasch cookies for Purim.

After making a delicious raw dough (her mom's recipe apparently), we rolled it out flat, and cut circles from the dough.

Despite being a math major, I did not realize that
you need to cut circles in order to make triangle cookies.

After filling and shaping all the hamentaschen, we had to use my itty bitty toaster oven to bake them.  (Don't ask why.)  This was pretty hilarious because my toaster oven is only about 1 foot wide, and only a few inches tall.  It's perfect for pierogies.  Probably not so perfect for baking cookies.

This is only one step up from an Easy-Bake oven

But after 15 minutes, the cookies came out great!  Like really really really good.

50% poppy seed. 50% raspberry filling. 100% delicious.

Anyway, baking was actually a ton of fun, and it actually turned out really well, which made it even better in the end.  Perhaps I shall try baking more things in my toaster oven in the future!

Happy Purim!

1 comment:

  1. If you need any toaster-oven help, I know a guy in Ecuador that's done some innovative things…

    ReplyDelete