Sunday, April 4, 2010

An older, female version of myself

I met my match on my flight to Seattle today.  More specifically, the person sitting next to me repeatedly did things that reminded me of myself.

First, at the start of the flight, she starts sneezing.  Not once or twice, but like a dozen times.  And drawn out over like 10 minutes.  I thought her sneezing fit  might actually last the whole flight.  (Now that would be a blog post!)

Anyway, after the sneezing show, I promptly fall asleep (obviously.)  Apparently after an hour or two, she wants to get up, but I'm sitting in the aisle.

So then the real show begins:
I suddenly wake up to this middle-aged woman trying to squeeze through the six inches of leg space in front of me.  I try to get up to make room for her, and she flusteringly apologizes for waking me up.  But instead of waiting for me to get up, she motions that she can get by without my help, and then she accidentally knocks her cup of water all over my cell phone!  So now she's really flustery and apologizing madly, and my cell phone is wet, and I'm still half-asleep standing in the aisle.

I couldn't help but grin the whole time.  This is exactly the type of klutz stuff that I do all the time.  She must be my kindred spirit!  I almost hugged her on the spot.

No comments:

Post a Comment