Monday, April 26, 2010

killing time

let me tell you where i am right now.

i'm currently sitting in my compact rental car, parked in a synagogue parking lot, in the pouring rain, on my laptop, with my cell phone on speaker, waiting for one last team member to join a conference call that was supposed to start 30 minutes ago.  But since it's totally unclear when we will actually be starting....

...I have some time to kill.

let me tell you, compact cars are not meant for office work.  Even though I have the drivers' seat pushed all the way back, I still can't fit my laptop comfortably in front of me, so I'm sitting at an awkward angle, with my laptop uncomfortably balanced between my right thigh and the steering wheel.  And my fingers are going numb, one by one, because of the awkward way in which I'm trying to type.  (currently, my right ring finger and elbow are out-of-commission.  ouch.)



anyway, there is really not much more to tell about my situation, so i'm going to stop typing, let my finger(s) heal, and get back to this not-yet-started, oh-so-exciting conference call.

ciao!

1 comment:

  1. Next time move to the passenger side or the back seat for more room. At least in the back you could have put your feet up.

    ReplyDelete