Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Oops

My daily routine includes stopping by a grocery store every morning on my way to the office in Seattle.  I park my car right near the front door, walk in, grab some bananas, pay, walk out, and drive the rest of the way to work.  Pretty much every day.  Like clockwork.

Except for today.

Today things turned out a little different.

I park my car, walk in, grab some food, I pay, I walk out, and walk to my car.  I click the unlock button on my key fob, listen for the click-beep that tells me the door is unlocked.  I open the door, and climb into the car.

But just as I am half into the driver's seat, I notice that there is a lady loading groceries into the passenger-side door.  And there is stuff in the backseat that I don't recognize.

And the car is a different color.

Oops.

"Um, this is my car," says the lady in a surprisingly calm manner, considering a strange man just climbed into her car outside the grocery store.

I start apologizing profusely, trying to show her how funny the situation is, but I think she just wanted me to get away from her car.

Anyway, it was not the typical start to a morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment