Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Status Update

A quick status update:

I've been commuting to Seattle (from Chicago) every week for the last month, and it looks like I will continue to do so for the next 3-5 months.  (Some of that time may also be spent in Denver overseeing a project launch at a company call center.)  We are doing some interesting work for a big client out here, and I'm really enjoying the project.  I'm excited to see our results over the next few months.

Outside of work, I've mainly been trying to get accustomed to this crazy travel schedule, and I think I've done a fair job so far.  I haven't lost any of my stuff yet (I think), and I'm pretty sure I'm not broke (I think).  And my frequent flyer and hotel points are racking up pretty well, so hopefully I can start using those soon.

One major issue:
I've been eating WAY too much while on the road.  This is definitely a challenge I'm facing.  The kosher food in Seattle is really good (in my opinion), and it's pretty easy to get to the various restaurants with a car.  But I'm trying to keep myself to a (relatively) healthy schedule:

Breakfast: Juice, banana, granola bar (at my desk)
Lunch: Soup + Salad (at the nearby pizza shop)
Dinner: Pasta or Pizza (at the pizza shop or the downtown Chinese place)

This is a pretty good schedule, but sometimes I can't resist getting a slice of pizza (mmmm.....) instead of a salad for lunch.  And occassionally I'll have pizza for dinner....and then somehow find myself at the Chinese place later for a second dinner!  I call it the Sweet-and-Sour Buddha-Basket diet.

I'm also still sorting out where to spend my weekends.  So far, I've been alternating between Chicago and Seattle for weekends, and I like both.  But there are more people in Chicago to hang out with, so those weekends tend to be a bit more interesting.  But Seattle is absolutely beautiful, so it's definitely worth it to spend some leisure time wandering around this area.  I'm hoping to make a day trip to the Cascade Mountains at some point, or at the very least go swimming when it's warmer.

Anyway, that's all I have for now.  Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment