Thursday, March 11, 2010

LEGALIZATION march in Chicago yesterday

So I was roaming the streets of downtown Chicago yesterday afternoon, when I suddenly hear drums and yelling coming from a few blocks away.  Soon I notice throngs of police officers (on really cool 4-wheelers and Segway scooters.)  Then, they close off the street I was walking on, and I see a HUGE throng of people marching with signs and yelling and singing and chanting.

No one seemed to know what the march was for, but soon a large truck came into view with a huge sign on it.  But only one word on the sign was visible.

LEGALIZATION

So I see the word LEGALIZATION, and I immediately think too myself, "Stiebel, this is going to be your next blog post:  Thousands of hippies take day off from napping to march for marijuana legalization."

So I start to take some more pictures, but then I read the other signs that people are holding.  Turns out it was a march to LEGALIZE illegal aliens in th US.  They were marching for immigration reform.  (It's certainly an important issue, but not as blog-worthy as marijuana legalization.)

Anyway, in the end, I decided to post about it anyway cuz I haven't posted in anything in a week or so.  (Sorry my devoted fans!)

I also wanted to post a picture of this guy:
i think this guy is in the wrong parade...

Adios!  (get it?)

1 comment: