Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Stupid things I did on Day 1 in Seattle

Flight
During my flight, I was watching the Office on the overhead, in-flight TV.  It was the episode where they think they are getting shaken down by the mob, and Pam and Jim are on their honeymoon, but everyone keeps calling them for help anyway.  F'ing hilarious.
And of course, on the quiet afternoon flight, surrounded by dozens of other passengers, I laugh very out loud.  Repeatedly.  (And I might have shed a small tear during the showing of The Blind Side, but that wasn't as noticeable.)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Morning

Last night, in my hotel room, before going to sleep, I plugged my phone charger into the outlet to charge my phone all night.  In the morning, assuming my phone was fully charged, I didn't bother taking the charger to the office. Halfway through my commute, I realize my phone is barely charged.  Why didn't it charge at night? Because that particular electrical outlet was controlled by the room's lightswitch, which was off all night. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lunch
I left the office for a short drive to a local kosher pizza place to grab lunch.  I was able to make it back round trip in less than 20 minutes.  But when I got back, I couldn't find any parking.  Not in the surface parking lot, and not in any level of the parking structure.  I literally circled down into the depths of hell without finding a single open spot.  And since this was my first day, I also didn't really know where else I could park.  So after traveling through several back alleys, going the wrong way down several different one-way streets, and pulling a U-turn across 3 lanes of traffic, I finally found a spot somewhere.  (And I got to my desk just in time for my post-lunch coma to kick in.)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Evening

It's only 3 pm, so I can't yet write about the inevitable stupid thing I will do this evening, but it's worth it to save the space here.

1 comment:

  1. What about evening 1? Remember the lesson in which direction the car goes?

    ReplyDelete