Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Life Update

So I just realized that all of my posts have been about silly trivial things happening in my life (except the socks dilemma, that was pretty significant.)  So I think a basic quick life update is appropriate.  Instead of giving thought to the content and structure of this update, I'm just going to let my brain empty onto the page (or computer screen).  Hmm, let's see.....

1.  My apartment is pretty much settled into now.  I don't have anything else I really need to add (this is my personal opinion; some of my friends may disagree.)  Most importantly, I have dining room table, couches, a TV, a bed (and frame), and a lamp I just brought from home.  What else could I possibly need?

2.  I went home this past weekend to visit family, friends.  Specifically I visited my grandpa, but I also spent a great Shabbat in Oak Park, met up with some close friends for dinner, and had a little excursion to the shooting range with a few more friends.  (Pictures to come soon.)  Twas my first time shooting at a range, but I think I did pretty well.  It was actually pretty fun (and quite affordable.)  [So now I can add pistol shooting to my list of crazy adventures over the last 12 months (which already includes sky diving, getting thrown out of a Jonas Brother's groupie event in Trump Tower NYC, and private home-cooked lunch with Matisyahu, and a few more things I am probably forgetting.)]

3.  Work has been good.  Well, it's been interesting because I have been unstaffed for over a month (until today!  more on that later.)  Since I haven't had a case to work on, I have literally done nothing this entire time.  I show up when I want, and leave when I want, and do what I want in between.  (more on this later also.)  [actually, this bullet deserves it's own post, so I'm gonna save it for now.  sorry!]

4.  I got staffed today!  [this also probably deserves it's own post.  more to come soon.]

5.  Not sure if this is significant enough to include here, but I got my census form in the mail today.  I feel so important!  It's 4 pages long, but I only had to fill out 1 page because I don't have 12 kids.  (Seriously, page 1 is the main page, and the other 3 pages are for information about the other 12 people who I don't have in my house.)  Anyway, for those of you who don't know, I am a 23 yr old, non-Hispanic male.

Ok, my brain is now empty.  That is all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment