Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Not the best choice of words

So it's late Tuesday night.  I'm in my hotel room preparing for bed.  I call the front desk to schedule a wake up call.  The lady politely asks me if I need anything else.  On a whim, I decide to ask if they have any Neosporin-type ointment for a small cut I have on my ear.  I doubted that they had it, but I thought I would ask anyway.

Conversation
Me: "Do you happen to have any Neosporin-type cream?  Maybe from a first-aid kit perhaps?"
Lady: "Oh, hmm, no I don't think we have that.  I can check for you, if you'd like."
Me: "Oh, no, that's fine.  Don't worry about it."
Lady: "Are you sure?  I can check for you, if you really need it."
Me: "No, it was just a stab in the dark."
Lady: ---silence--- "....Ummm..."
Me: "Good night!"  -hangs up quickly-


I hope she didn't get the wrong idea.  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment