Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Really bad guess

So I made an appearance at a Purim holiday costume event this past weekend.  Everyone was dressed up in various outlandish outfits ranging from Spiderman to Scruff McGruff to a depressed clown to the four seasons.

I see two of my friends walk in together, so I go over to see their costumes.  They are both dressed in really nice silk dresses, with pearls, and high-heels, etc.  (They are both female).  Basically, they look ready to go out on the town on a Saturday night.  Really well dressed.

So I ask them what they are dressed as, and they say they are dressed as characters from a TV show based in Manhattan.

So I guess the first thing that comes to mind.

"Cougar town?"

Umm, needless to say, that was the wrong answer.  (They were apparently dressed as characters from Gossip Girls.)

Anyway, in the future, I should try to think before I speak.  Really, I should try to think before I do anything.  (Of course, if I did that, then I wouldn't have anything to write in this blog.)

PS.  In case you didn't know, Cougar Town is a show about 50+ year old women going out to bars trying to seduce 20 year old men.  My friends are not 50+ years old.

No comments:

Post a Comment