Sunday, January 3, 2010

F1rst P0st!!!

So I finally moved to Chicago last week. Yay! It's been over a year and half since I worked here in summer 2008, and after many random weekend visits, I finally made the move.

My apartment is at 530 W Aldine, and it's really a great place. (I reletted it from my friend Tamar, who moved to Omaha recently for a new job. Thanks, Tamar!) It's a 1 bedroom, with a galley kitchen, big living/dining room, big bedroom, and TONS of closet space. My favorite aspects of the apartment are the hardwood floors and huge windows.

I still have a lot of furnishing to do. As I write this, all I have is 4 wooden chairs, one bookshelf, and one plastic dresser. And a 20-yr old twin-size mattress. That's it. I have a looong way to go before the apartment can be considered "livable".

Basic plans for the apartment include (in no particular order):
> Super-comfy couch, possibly a sofa recliner, too.
> Dining room table, coffee table, some end tables
> Another bookshelf or two
> Big TV ....or hopefully, a hi-def projector
> Pictures, art, posters, etc.

Getting all this stuff is harder than I initially expected, but I've gotten some help from some good friends who live nearby. BIG Thanks to Shosh, Hila and Jacob for all the help and advice. And thanks also to Yosef for all the help with shlepping.

More posts to come later (I hope). And probably some pictures, too!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment