Saturday, January 9, 2010

Grape Drink

So apparently my friends here in Chicago do not share my taste for Grape Drink. I love the stuff, but apparently I'm unique in that regard. (Well, I guess Dave Chappelle loves grape drink, too.)

At a community Shabbat dinner last night, they had pitchers of grape drink on each table. I recognized the "purple stuff" immediately, and quickly downed my fair share. The girl across from me also took a gulp or two, and then proceeded to pour the remainder of her drink into my cup (which I also downed fairly quickly.)

I was dumbfounded. How could she not like grape drink? It's the stuff of champions! It's delicious! Sugar. Water. Purple. Those are the ingredients. Sugar. Water....and Purple.

Everyone else at the table also refused to touch the stuff, except for one nice elderly lady seated next to me. She very politely accepted the cup of grape drink that I poured for her. But after taking a sip, she paused, made an unpleasant face, forcefully swallowed,....and then started coughing uncontrollably! I almost killed her with my love of grape drink.

Anyway, I learned an important lesson from this experience:  Sometimes things that I find delicious are actually dangerous for other people's health.

Be advised. The below video contains  naughty language and hilarity.

No comments:

Post a Comment