Friday, January 29, 2010

Important work

I haven't been given any real case work yet, so I've been spending my time doing some other random analysis.  I can't really go into very much detail because of confidentiality reasons, but I can explain it a little bit.

Basically, I was given this grid that I have to fill point by point.  And I need to get the points to line up in certain way, or else it doesn't come out right.  The points are all over the grid without any real pattern, but I have to make sure four of them line up in a straight line in order to be statistically significant.  The big problem is that other points keep getting in the way of those straight lines.  It's not an easy task.

I don't know if I'm explaing it very clearly, but maybe this picture will explain better.

This analysis kept me busy all day.

No comments:

Post a Comment