Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Report on my first night with new mattress

I slept on my new mattress last night for the first time.

It was wonderful.  It's extremely firm (like plywood firm).  Perfect for sleeping face down and drooling all night (which is pretty much my idea of a perfect night's sleep.)

There was only one minor issue, which caused me to almost hurt my back.  It had nothing to do with the hardness of the bed.  It was actually sort of a silly thing on my part.

I don't have a night stand yet, so my alarm clock and cell phone (my second alarm clock) are on the floor near my bed.  My previous mattress was only about 2 inches off the ground, so it was easy to reach my alarms in the morning (to hit the snooze.)

But my new mattress is almost 2 feet off the ground!  So this morning, when my alarm went off, I almost pulled my back trying to roll over and reach the clock.  It was so far away!  I felt like a contortionist trying to reach the alarm.

Anyway, other than that small issue, the mattress is great.  I'm happy with it, and I'm looking forward to spending many nights together.

1 comment:

  1. Stiebel what you need is a one night stand!

    ReplyDelete