Friday, January 8, 2010

Some home improvement

A couple improvements to the apartment yesterday (and today):

1) I covered the kitchen counters with contact paper.  But I probably should have used a second person's help because I don't think I got the paper down perfectly smooth and flat.  And I was too lazy to cut specially-sized pieces to cover all the narrow areas.  But if you look at it from far away, it doesn't look half bad!

2) I found two nails, so I decided to use them.  First, I put up a calendar.  Second, I put up a clock.  But I couldn't find batteries yet, so it is currently always 10:10 in my apartment.  But I guess sometimes it's 10:10 AM and sometimes 10:10 PM.

3) Magnets on the fridge.  Lots of magnets on the fridge.  (But last night I found out that most of these magnets belong to my brother-in-law, so hopefully I won't become too attached to them because I have to give them back to him.)

4) Take out the trash.  (This isn't typically "home improvement", but I am technically improving my home by taking out the trash.  And I couldn't think of anything else to write in this list.)

5) Laundry (I couldn't think of anything else significant to write in this list.)

6) Shower (I think this is becoming a To-Do list for today.)

7) Nap (Yup, definitely a To-Do list.)

8) Pierogies for breakfast again! (Actually, I do consider pierogies to be home improvement.)

9) Close my laptop and stop writing blog entries (This is definitely an improvement.)

1 comment:

  1. Hi,

    I have visited your website http://530aldine.blogspot.com/ and I was wondering if it would be possible to get a link to my partner's website on it?

    I'll place a link back to you in 2 of my Industrial Supplies Guide
    website exactly here:

    http://www.aganelektronik.com/ with page rank 2
    http://www.angusandannie.com/ with page rank 1
    http://www.pstbic.com/ with page rank 1


    If you agree, then please link to me using these details, I´ll place a link back in less than 24 hours, otherwise you can delete my link from your site:

    Title: CNC Turning
    URL: http://www.ultraprecision.co.uk/turning-services.htm
    Description: Ultra Precision supply professional CNC turning services
    across the UK.


    Please don't forget to send me the title of your website after you
    place my link so I can do the same.

    I’ll be waiitng for your kind reply

    Regards
    Abigail Gray
    abigail.gray@aganelektronik.com
    Online Marketing Consultant



    This is just a link exchange request, but if you feel uncomfortable
    receiving these kind of requests, please let me know at
    stop@nomoremails.com, or just register at www.nomoremails.com so we
    avoid contacting you again. Thanks for your attention.

    ReplyDelete