Sunday, January 17, 2010

I finally live here (officially)

So I've lived in my apartment for about 2-3 weeks already, and the building manager still hasn't put my name on my buzzer in the lobby.  My buzzer doesn't even have a number labeled on it.  It's completely anonymous.

Anyway, it hasn't been a problem because I haven't had any one visiting me yet.  But last night, I had a bunch of people from work and friends over for some beverage-fueled fun (read: flip cup).  And since they were each coming in separately over the course of the night, I needed them to know where my buzzer is located.

People were supposed to show up at 7 pm, and of course, I only realize this problem at 6:59 pm.  So I'm looking around my apartment for some sort of sticky note I can write my name on, but I can't find anything.

Then I find the perfect thing.  On my first day of work, before I got my official ID to get into the building, I was given a name-tag sticker with my name and ID # on it.  For some reason, this nametag sticker was stuck to the side of my bookshelf in my living room.  The name on the sticker is perfect size for the buzzer in the lobby, so I quickly grabbed some scissors, made the cut, went downstairs and....Bam! I finally exist in this apartment!
"...one of these name tags looks different than the other ones...."

So now people can easily find my buzzer.  All is well.

Update (1/17/10):
I walked out of my apartment building earlier tonight, and my name label was gone!!  So sad!

Update (1/18/10):
I walked out this morning, and I have a brand new REAL label on my buzzer now.  I guess the building engineer made some new labels because a couple other people's buzzers have new labels, too.
Sexy.

No comments:

Post a Comment