Friday, January 8, 2010

The nap that God wrought Himself

(or should that be wroughteth?)

I just took the most hardcore nap ever.  Like super hardcore.

I had just put my laundry in the dryer downstairs, and I had 75 minutes to kill.  So I decided to take a nap.  (Obviously.)

Actually, I think this is the first mid-afternoon nap I've taken since I moved into my apartment.  (Although according to my wall clock, this nap occurred at either 10 AM or 10 PM.)

Anyway, after putting my laundry in the dryer, I went back to my apartment and set an alarm for 75 minutes later, and passed out.  And I slept hard.  Super hard.  I slept so hard that I was majorly confused when I woke up.  I thought I was late for work.  (Though that didn't stop me from hitting the snooze button a half-dozen times.)


This is where the magic happened.

It took me at least half an hour to realize that it was Friday afternoon, and that I had been doing laundry.  And I think I might have still been asleep when I went to go pick up my clothes from the dryer because I sort of stumbled drunkenly down the hallway to the stairs, bumping into the wall several times, and then I almost dropped my entire clean laundry onto the floor as I was taking out of the dryer.

But I made it back upstairs, and I was even conscious enough to actually fold my laundry.  (Although at one point when I was folding my jeans, I accidentally hit myself in the crotch and almost had to lay down again.)

Anyway, in summary, naps are awesome, and this one in particular was even more awesomer than usual.

No comments:

Post a Comment