Tuesday, January 5, 2010

One man's trash is Stiebel's new blog entry

I got a bookshelf/cabinet!!

Late last night, as I was walking back to my apartment, I came upon a bookshelf/cabinet on the curb.  Someone was throwing it out, even though it looked to be in great condition.

So this afternoon, I walked back to where I had found it, and sure enough, it was still there, waiting for the garbage truck to come and take it away.  I quickly borrowed my building manager's dolly, and within a few minutes, it was mine!




The bookshelf is in pretty good condition.  A little wear-and-tear, but it looks great and it's quality construction.  One of the shelf's strips of finish had come loose, but I used my trusty double-sided tape to fix that.

I haven't put anything on/in it yet, but since it's pretty deep, I will probably use it for pictures, Shabbat stuff, etc.  I think it might even be big/deep enough to hold a small TV.  Hmmm...

Anyway, I think this find balances out with my Craigslist stupidity.  :P

1 comment:

  1. Hey that bookshelf looks beautiful! Awesome job, you totally redeemed yourself from the craigslist buy.

    ReplyDelete