Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Let the furniture building begin!

I had a very memorable trip to IKEA last night with soon-to-be-colleague Andrew Noh.  I was very overwhelmed at that store, but I did succeed in making a few purchase decisions.  I wasn't quite ready o make a sofa bed purchase, and I still haven't decided what I'm doing about a bed (more on that later.)  Based on my sister's advice to "start with the things I really need," I only bought a tall lamp, a dining room table (that expands!), a simple work table, shot glasses (definitely a priority), and a set of silverware.  (Of course, in typical Stiebel fashion, when I got home I realized that I had already bought two sets of silverware at Target last week.)

Anyway, today will be a day of basic assembly (and probably laundry, too.  And maybe another adventure in gourmet cooking.)  I just finished assembling that infamous end table that I got through Craigslist.  Even though I overpaid by 2 dollars, it was worth it.  It looks really good.  I think I might eat lunch on this table today, even though it's only about one foot off the ground.

Lunch time!

I also need to assemble the lamp and the dining room table (that expands!)  I love expanding tables!

No comments:

Post a Comment